We’re Hiring! Junior PHP Developer
We are looking for a Junior/ Mid-level PHP Developer. This is an exciting new position we are adding to our fast growing team. Get in touch today!
Idea Drop is a London-based scale-up helping organisations everywhere capture and action the best ideas from their people. We’ve raised £1.2m, are backed by a team of great investors and are now building a diverse and talented team to carry out our mission to make the world’s ideas more open, transparent and collaborative. We already count large UK Police Forces, global retailers, top-tier law firms and Fortune 500 companies as clients but we’re just getting started.
What’s the opportunity?
We are actively seeking a PHP Developer with Laravel experience to join an exciting, rapidly expanding scale up. As a PHP Developer you will be joining the back-end team to contribute to internal and external projects including development of the core platform, API and mobile APP. You also be able to guide and mentor junior engineers and have the ability to motivate them with your passion and drive. The repositories are ripe for hacking so any knowledge (or interest) of penetration testing would be highly advantageous.
It’s this relentless investment in R&D which is winning client trust, driving user retention and positioning us as a global leader in the innovation management space. But there’s lots more to do.
Technology is at the core of what we’re doing. From building amazing new features to improving our current ones and our goal is to provide the greatest experience that our customer can have for both, mobile and desktop. As a PHP developer you will be involved in all stages of SaaS platform delivery, from prototypes to full release. You are responsible for building beautiful, cutting-edge and high-performing solutions for Idea Drop. You will take lead on the lifecycle of our platform and be enthusiastic about producing high quality code and learning new technologies.
What will I be doing?
We strongly believe that you create and iterate, rather than analyse and plan for months. Our architecture and infrastructure will follow that approach, with small, fast, and regular updates. If you build it, you will run it, so do a good job! You will be working directly with our Head of Product to understand business goals and Head of Development to help and identify the tactics, strategies and best practices needed to achieve these goals.
What are we looking for?
- 1+ years experience in PHP and the frameworks, Laravel in particular.
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming.
- Knowledge of MVC (and other) design patterns.
- Understanding of best practices when it comes to Database Architecture.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to work unsupervised.
- Can do attitude with the willing to learn.
- Knowledge of Agile frameworks – Scrum and/ or Kanban.
- Excellent organisational skills and sense of due diligence.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Git experience.
We believe in creating a happy, exciting working culture.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days flexible holiday p/a + bank holidays.
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
- An opportunity for quick progression and development if you’re the right fit.
- A chance to be at the beginning of building something big.
- A CV
- A short covering letter (500 words max) that tells us what makes you perfect for the role
Strictly no agencies or recruiters.
January 17, 2018