We’re Hiring! React Native Engineer
We are looking for a React-Native Engineer. This is an exciting new position we are adding to our fast growing team. Get in touch today!
Idea Drop is a London-based scale-up helping organisations everywhere capture and action the best ideas from their people. We’ve raised £1.2m, are backed by a team of great investors and are now building a diverse and talented team to carry out our mission to make the world’s ideas more open, transparent and collaborative. We already count large UK Police Forces, global retailers, top-tier law firms and Fortune 500 companies as clients but we’re just getting started.
What’s the opportunity?
We’re executing a product-first strategy and are shipping new features, improvements and updates to the platform every day. It’s this relentless investment in R&D which is winning client trust, driving user retention and positioning us as a global leader in the innovation management space. But there’s lots more to do.
Technology is at the core of what we’re doing. From building amazing new features to improving our current ones and our goal is to provide the greatest experience that our customers can have for both, mobile and desktop. As a mobile developer, you will be involved in all stages of the mobile application delivery, from prototypes to full release. You are responsible for building beautiful, cutting-edge and high-performing solutions for Idea Drop. You will take lead on the lifecycle of our mobile app and be enthusiastic about producing high-quality code and learning new technologies.
What will I be doing?
We strongly believe that you create and iterate, rather than analyse and plan for months. Our architecture and infrastructure will follow that approach, with small, fast, and regular updates. If you build it, you will run it, so do a good job! You will be working directly with our Head of Product to understand business goals and Head of Development to help and identify the tactics, strategies and best practices needed to achieve these goals.
What are we looking for?
- Proficient in the use of Redux, Expo.io
- Proficient in writing React-Native “native” components for the iOS/Android platforms (or experience in both iOS and Android app development).
- Proficient in the consumption of REST APIs.
- Understanding of performance optimisation, caching, security and energy consumption on mobile devices.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work unsupervised.
- Excellent organisational skills and sense of due diligence.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Can do attitude with the willingness to learn.
- Git experience.
- Experience with developing for multiple screen sizes.
- Experience of building animations and transitions.
- Experience using test-driven development and writing accurate tests using Jest or similar
- Good eye for design and building a great customer experience.
- Experience working within agile environments including Scrum/Kanban.
- Pair programming experience, willing to work collaboratively to both give and receive feedback within a shared code ownership team.
We believe in creating a happy, exciting working culture.
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity via an EMI options scheme
- Health & life insurance
- Membership of PureGym, 5 minutes walk from the office.
- 25 days flexible holiday p/a + bank holidays.
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
- An opportunity for quick progression and development if you’re the right fit.
- A chance to be at the beginning of building something big.
- A CV
- A short covering letter (500 words max) that tells us what makes you perfect for the role
October 2, 2017