We’re Hiring! Sales Support Intern
We are looking for a Sales Support Intern. We are a rapidly expanding business and you could be part of a great team. Get in touch!
Idea Drop is a London-based scale-up helping organisations everywhere capture and action the best ideas from their people. We’ve raised £1.2m, are backed by a team of great investors and are now building a diverse and talented team to carry out our mission to make the world’s ideas more open, transparent and collaborative. We already count large UK Police Forces, global retailers, top-tier law firms and Fortune 500 companies as clients but we’re just getting started.
What’s the opportunity?
As a sales support intern at Idea Drop, your role will be hugely varied and exciting, working across a wide range of projects and initiatives. You’ll be jumping into all areas of the business but working closely with our sales & customer success teams. And as a rapidly expanding business, this is a great opportunity for a new graduates to gain wide-ranging experience in a growing London technology company.
- Assist our users with support requests and be a first point of contact for inbound sales queries and user messages, received via Intercom
- Work closely with our sales team, setting up demo content and accounts for our clients
- Researching industry best practice guides that will be used in developing marketing and sales content to promote Idea Drop as a thought leader
- Answering incoming queries via phone and any customer enquiries
- Data cleansing & enhancement on our inbound marketing and sales tools.
- Help with sales administration, marketing material, proposals and meeting preparation
- Prospecting, research, calling new and current clients
- Sales presentations, varying from one-on-one meetings to large groups
- Creating & revising proposals, managing campaigns from concept to completion, providing campaign analysis
- Providing market intelligence and understanding industry and market trends
- Present to clients and prospects and evangelize the benefits of the platform and our services
- Build solid relationships with clients and gather feedback where appropriate on the platform and services offered
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Exceptional written and verbal English with an ability to write sharp, concise and on-brand copy across a range of mediums
- Excellent organisational skills and thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- An ability to manage deadlines, your workload and the expectations of clients, colleagues and suppliers
- A love and genuine interest in technology
- Highly commercially focussed
- Self-motivated, driven, and engaging
- A real sense of urgency tempered by the ability to keep calm under pressure
Term and benefits
- Initial 3-6 month short-term contract (£300 per month) with an opportunity to transition to full contract at the end of the period
- Monday – Friday 9am – 6pm
- A CV
- A short covering letter (500 words max) that tells us what makes you perfect for the role
August 17, 2017