This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Ideadrop Limited of Unit 4, Lullingstone Park Farm, Eynsford, Kent, DA4 0JB, United Kingdom.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us: You may give us information about you by filling in forms on Idea Drop and the Services Sites, or by corresponding with us (for example, by email). This includes information you provide when you register to use Idea Drop and when you share data via Idea Drop’s social media functions. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, age, username, password and other registration information.
- Information we collect about you and your device: Each time you use Idea Drop or visit a Services Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting and other such information;
- details of your use of Idea Drop or your visits to any of our Services Sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Location information. We may also use GPS technology or similar technology to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by following the onscreen instructions or by going to the services or set-up folders of your device.
- Information we receive from other sources. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of Idea Drop and our Services Sites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of our e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around Drop Box and our Services Sites when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Services work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to Idea Drop and our Services Sites. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to Idea Drop, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Services and the advertising displayed on our Services Sites more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Services.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To provide you with information about other services and products we offer that are similar to those that you may have already purchased or enquired about.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you become a customer yourself (and not simply use it through your employer), and are therefore an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you do not become a customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the registration form.
- To notify you about changes to Idea Drop and our Services.
- To ensure that content from Idea Drop or our Services Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device.
- Information we collect about you and your device. We will use this information:
- To administer Idea Drop and our Services Sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve Idea Drop and our Services Sites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of Idea Drop and our Services Sites, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep Idea Drop and our Services Sites safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of Idea Drop and our Services Sites about services or goods that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined. We may use your information, and provide it to third parties, to produce anonymous aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them about the number of people discussing certain idea topics or themes, across different industries and the frequency and trends in this data). We may also use such aggregate information to help third parties reach the kind of audience they want to target.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Ideadrop Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- Protect the rights, property or safety of Idea Drop Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Customer data means all data (including personal data), information, text, drawings and other materials which are embodied in any medium which Idea Drop is required to generate, collect, process, store or transmit in connection with this agreement.
- Customer Data is deemed Customer IPR and shall remain the property of the Customer regardless of whether Idea Drop or the Customer is in possession of the Customer Data.
- Idea Drop shall only store or process Customer Data to the extent instructed in writing by the Customer or otherwise necessary in the performance of its obligations under the agreement.
- Idea Drop shall remove Customer Data from any media in its possession or under its control when such Customer Data is no longer needed by Idea Drop to perform the services.
- Idea Drop shall destroy or securely erase such Customer Data in accordance with Best Industry Practice and the Customer Policies and Standards.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using sophisticated encryption technology.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of Idea Drop and our Services Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Idea Drop and our Services Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may collect and store personal data on your device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5) and other technology.
Certain Services include social networking, chat room or forum features. Ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on our registration form(s) we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
Our Services Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which Idea Drop and our Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Last updated 14 May 2018.