PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING IDEA DROP
Other applicable terms
Information about us
Idea Drop is provided by Ideadrop Limited (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 08928621 and have our registered office at Unit 4, Lullingstone Park Farm, Eynsford, Kent, DA4 0JB, United Kingdom. This is also our main trading address.
We are a limited company.
Changes to these terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
Accessing Idea Drop
Idea Drop is made available free of charge by virtue of your employment with your employer.
Your user identification, which will be an email address of yours, and password must be kept confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at [email protected]
Also, if your employer’s right to use Idea Drop is suspended or terminated, your access rights will automatically be disabled.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in Idea Drop. These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors and creators of Idea Drop must always be acknowledged.
You agree not:
- Except as may be allowed by any applicable law which is incapable of exclusion by agreement between you and us:
- Attempt to copy, modify, duplicate, create derivative works from, frame, mirror, republish, download, display, transmit, or distribute all or any portion of Idea Drop (particularly its underlying software) in any form or media or by any means; or
- Attempt to reverse compile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise reduce to human-perceivable form all or any part of Idea Drop’s underlying software.
- Access any part of Idea Drop in order to build a product or service which competes with Idea Drop.
- Use Idea Drop to provide services to third parties.
- License, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, display, disclose, or otherwise commercially exploit, or otherwise make Idea Drop available to any third party.
- Attempt to obtain, or assist third parties in obtaining, access to Idea Drop other than as provided under these terms and conditions.
Any intellectual property rights in the ideas you publish on Idea Drop are likely to belong to your employer as a matter of law (and under our terms with your employer). If you feel aggrieved by this you should make your own arrangements with your employer and seek to agree ownership rights.
No reliance on information
The content on Idea Drop is largely provided by your fellow colleagues (employees of your employer). We disclaim any liability for reliance you may put on it, which is provided by third parties and not us. You, or your employer, must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content published by your colleagues on Idea Drop.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to Idea Drop or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, Idea Drop; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on Idea Drop.
As you are accessing this, and it is being provided, through your employer’s business for commercial and business purposes, please note that, in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of Idea Drop or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on Idea Drop. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Uploading content to Idea Drop
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to, or share content with, Idea Drop, or to make contact with other users of Idea Drop, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy below.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
As stated above, any content you upload to, or share with, Idea Drop will be considered the property of your employer unless you and your employer agree otherwise. If you retain ownership of the rights in your ideas and other content, you hereby grant us and other users of Idea Drop a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to your employer and your colleagues using Idea Drop.
We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to Idea Drop constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of Idea Drop.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on Idea Drop if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy below.
The views expressed by other users on Idea Drop do not represent our views or values.
Acceptable Use Policy
You may use Idea Drop only for lawful purposes. You may not use Idea Drop:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content Standards below.
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of Idea Drop as stated above under intellectual property rights.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of Idea Drop;
- any equipment or network on which Idea Drop is stored;
- any software used in the provision of Idea Drop; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on Idea Drop, including, without limitation, chat rooms and bulletin boards (“interactive services”).
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on Idea Drop, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our Content Standards below, whether the service is moderated or not.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to Idea Drop (“contributions”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
Contributions must comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
We do not guarantee that Idea Drop will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You must not misuse Idea Drop by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to Idea Drop, the server on which Idea Drop is stored or any server, computer or database connected to Idea Drop. You must not attack Idea Drop via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use Idea Drop will cease immediately.
Third party links and resources in Idea Drop
Where Idea Drop contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these terms through your use of Idea Drop. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate. Please note that we may enforce our rights against you before taking action against your employer.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use Idea Drop.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to Idea Drop.
- Issue of a warning to you and/or your employer (which could also result in your employer taking disciplinary action against you).
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
If either party decides to terminate the subscription, they must give at least 30 days notice and the agreement will terminate upon the expiry subscription.
To contact us, please email [email protected]
Last updated July 15 2015.