Since Idea Drop rolled out across Kent Police, our technology has facilitated the implementation of more than 700 ideas, including major changes to their operating model, measurable efficiency improvements and increased employee engagement and empowerment.
Allan Pughsley, Chief Constable QPM, explains the key enablers of innovation at Kent Police
During Idea Drop’s Public Sector Summit 2020, Alan Pughsley, Chief Constable QPM at Kent Police, shared his insights into the key enablers of innovation in his force and outlined what has helped him to build one of the leading police forces in the UK:
- Removal of numerical arbitrary performance targets (2013)
- Ability to communicate, listen and engage at all levels
- Recognition of everyone being a leader, irrespective of their rank or grade
- Continuous investment into support and training – protecting their staff, as well as those they serve
- Embracing new technology
Watch the full webinar to find out how and why Idea Drop was instrumental in facilitating most of the enablers outlined above.
How one idea from one officer changed force policy
The video below tells the story of one idea from a front-line officer at Kent Police, which was submitted via Idea Drop, and led to a force-wide change in policy directly overseen by Chief Constable Alan Pughsley QPM.
Every day front-line officers and staff are exposed to unpredictable and volatile situations which can occasionally result in them being assaulted by violent criminals. This newly introduced 9-point plan from the Chief Constable brought into sharp focus that being assaulted on duty has never been and never be ‘just part of the job’ at Kent Police. The force now provides an enhanced level of support to any officers and staff who are unfortunate enough to become victims of assault.
Alan Pughsley, Chief Constable QPM states that Idea Drop is the perfect tool
In this video, Alan Pughsley QPM, Chief Constable of Kent Police, explains the power of Idea Drop’s world-class idea management technology and how, as a result of deploying it force-wide, he is able to continually harness the collective brainpower of his workforce to deliver measurable value, results and success.
Hear from users of Idea Drop
“I found Idea Drop to be a wonderful tool”
Meet officers, inspectors and staff discussing about the power and value of Idea Drop first-hand.
Idea Drop praised as “outstanding” by HMIC
As a result of launching Idea Drop across the force, Kent Police has been praised as “outstanding” by Her Majesty’s Inspector of Constabulary (HMIC).
The report states:
“The Idea Drop scheme, which the force recently introduced, received a very positive response from the workforce. This scheme allows all officers and staff to post an idea and to comment on or rate the ideas of others. Ideas can be themed and posted globally, or just within teams and directorates. Senior managers can set challenges and encourage teams to help find better ways to do things. We found that these means of raising issues are very well received.”
Key benefits of Idea Drop’s deployment at Kent Police
The discovery and implementation of brilliant and innovative ideas has enabled Kent Police to survive and thrive through times of adversity. In particular, Kent Police has benefited from:
- Improved processes and efficient collaboration between colleagues across the workforce at all levels.
- Implementation of a streamlined and accessible innovation process enabling ideas to be captured on the go and effectively actioned.
- Increased transparency and trust through enhanced awareness of existing strategic goals and challenges across the force.
- Improved knowledge sharing by making everyone aware of existing ideas and solutions that were already implemented.
- Increased empowerment and engagement of the workforce by giving everyone a safe space where they can be heard, where ideas can be shared and where real change can be made.
- Public recognition for partnering with Idea Drop and using our innovative technology to help drive innovation across the force by HMIC and World Class Policing Awards.
Ready to see Idea Drop in action?
If you would like to learn more about Idea Drop and how it could benefit your organisation, request a demo or get in touch with a member of our expert innovation team today.
Ready to see Idea Drop in action?
Request a Demo!
Request a demo today and our team of enterprise innovation experts will be in touch straight away to set up a one-to-one discovery session and demo.