Blue Lights Innovation Summit with Lancashire Constabulary
Date and time
Wednesday 10th October, 2018
08:30 – 16:00
- Lancashire Constabulary
This conference will bring together representatives from across the police, fire, ambulance and local governments with an aim to demonstrate the best innovation practices and showcase how innovative ideas and technology are helping blue light services on a practical day-to-day basis and directly influencing efficiency discovery, demand reduction, improved victim experience and other key metrics.
Innovation is a hot topic at the moment. At a time when blue light services are facing wide-scale pressure to do more with less, a close look at innovation is required in order to make policing and blue light services more effective.
Delegates will enjoy a carefully curated programme of talks, panel discussions and networking opportunities throughout the event.
Who is this for?
This summit will bring together senior Blue Lights Services professionals across the police, fire, ambulance emergency and local governments to address digital transformation, the future of technology in Blue Lights Emergency Services and its vital role in the sector.
- Martin WilsonFormer Head of InnovationKent & Essex Police
- Jason DunningPrincipal ConsultantDWF Consulting
- Rob FlanaganInnovation ManagerLancashire Police
- Fiona MeechanLecturerManchester Business School
- Owen HunnamCo-founder and CEOIdea Drop
- Justin JohnstonDeputy Chief Fire OfficerLancashire Fire and Rescue Services
- Jonathan MartinHead of ChangeLancashire Constabulary
8:30 am Registration, networking and breakfast
9:00 am Opening remarks by Jonathan Martin, Assistant Chief Officer and Head of Change at Lancashire Constabulary
9:25 am “Challenges in public service innovation – lessons learned” by Rob Flanagan, Innovation Manager at Lancashire Constabulary
9:55 am “Driving Innovation through Leadership” by Fiona Meechan, Lecturer in Healthcare Leadership and Management
10:30 am Coffee and networking break
11:00 am Panel discussion “Creating a Culture of Innovation in the Public Sector” led by Martin Wilson, Former Head of Innovation at Kent & Essex Police
11:50 am Lunchtime and networking
1:20 pm “The Strategic Role of Creativity” by Jason Dunning, DWF Consulting
1:50 pm “The Strategic Role of Creativity” Workshop led by Jason Dunning and Idea Drop
2:45 pm Closing remarks
3:00 pm Networking
4:00 pm Event close
- Blue Light Innovation Summit with Met PoliceWednesday 27th June - London
- London Innovation Breakfast: Connecting innovation to your business strategyTuesday 4th December - London