Public Sector Innovation Summit 2019 with AWS
Date and time
Tuesday 18th June, 2019
8:30 - 16:00
- 1 Principal Place
- Worship St
- EC2A 2FA
Idea Drop have partnered with AWS for our 2019 innovation summit designed to connect, inspire and showcase the best innovation projects and initiatives across public sector organisations.
About the event
In a changing world, the smartest organisations understand the power and importance of innovation. Public sector organisations are under continued and increasing pressure to do more with less, to better connect and engage with every stakeholder and to tackle macro global challenges such as climate change, economic uncertainty and migration. Public sector organisations have suffered from a historic perception as being slow to innovate, influenced by the fact ideas often struggle to bubble up to the right executive sponsors to create impact and tangible results. Unlike their private sector counterparts, public sector organisations often don’t have the budgets, teams or roles devoted to innovation which means the pace of execution, development and action is often stifled. What can public sector organisations learn from private businesses?
This unique summit will bring together senior experts, leaders and representatives from across the public sector ecosystem with the aim of demonstrating the best innovation practices and showcasing how the fusion of technology, people and process can create powerful opportunities and change.
- Network and meet like-minded innovation experts from across the UK public sector organisations including police, fire and rescue, NHS, councils and government bodies.
- Discover the latest innovation case studies and their impact.
- Participate and influence the debate.
- Hands-on innovation workshop led by industry experts.
Who is it for?
This summit will bring together senior public sector professionals to address innovation, digital transformation, the future of technology in public services and its vital role in the sector.
8:30 – 9:15 Registration & Networking Breakfast
9:15 – 9:20 Welcome & Opening Remarks
9:20 – 9:50 Keynote Speaker: What is public sector innovation and why does it matter?
9:50 – 10:20 Keynote Speaker: How can innovation in the public sector be made more effective?
10:20 – 11:00 Coffee break
11:00 – 11:50 Panel Discussion: Innovation Culture in the Public Sector
11:50 – 12:50 Lunch & discussion
12:50 – 14:50 Workshop: Creative Problem Solving Techniques workshop
14:50 – 15:20 Keynote Speaker: The Future of Public Sector Innovation
15:20 – 16:00 Networking and event close
- Rob FlanaganInnovation Manager
- Martin WilsonFormer Head of Innovation
- Rob JonesBorough Commander of Lewisham
- Fionna MeechanLecturer
- Mike GibneyDirector of Workforce and Innovation
- James BennettStrategy Directorate
- Jason DunningCo-founder
- Justin JohnsonDeputy Chief Fire Officer
Innovation Summit 2018
We were delighted to be co-hosting a full day Blue Light Innovation Summit in partnership with Lancashire Constabulary in 2018. Here are some of the main highlights from the conference.
- AMAZON WEB SERVICES
- Innovation Breakfast: Boosting innovation through diversity and inclusionTuesday 11th June - London
- Innovation Breakfast: Fostering and embedding an innovation cultureTuesday 10th September - London