Public Sector Innovation Summit 2019 with AWS
Date and time
Tuesday 18th June, 2019
9:30 - 16:00
- Amazon London Office
- 60 Holborn Viaduct
- EC1A 2FD
Idea Drop have partnered with AWS and Chaucer for our 2019 innovation summit designed to connect, inspire and showcase the best innovation projects and initiatives across public sector organisations.
About the event
In a changing world, the smartest organisations understand the power and importance of innovation. Public sector organisations are under continued and increasing pressure to do more with less, to better connect and engage with every stakeholder and to tackle macro global challenges such as climate change, economic uncertainty and migration. Public sector organisations have suffered from a historic perception as being slow to innovate, influenced by the fact ideas often struggle to bubble up to the right executive sponsors to create impact and tangible results. Unlike their private sector counterparts, public sector organisations often don’t have the budgets, teams or roles devoted to innovation which means the pace of execution, development and action is often stifled. What can public sector organisations learn from private businesses?
This unique summit will bring together senior experts, leaders and representatives from across the public sector ecosystem with the aim of demonstrating the best innovation practices and showcasing how the fusion of technology, people and process can create powerful opportunities and change.
- Network and meet like-minded innovation experts from across the UK public sector organisations including police, fire and rescue, NHS, councils and government bodies.
- Discover the latest innovation case studies and their impact.
- Participate and influence the debate.
- Hands-on innovation workshop led by industry experts.
Who is it for?*
This summit will bring together senior public sector professionals to address innovation, digital transformation, the future of technology in public services and its vital role in the sector.
*Please note that we are accepting strictly only RSVP’s from public sector organisations. We reserve the right to refuse bookings from privately held companies.
9:30 – 10:00 Registration & Networking Breakfast
10:00 – 10:15 Welcome & Opening Remarks
Speaker: Owen Hunnam, CEO, Idea Drop
10:15 – 10:45 Keynote Speaker: What is public sector innovation and why does it matter?
Speaker: Edward Elliot, Programme & Marketing Manager, PUBLIC
10:45 – 11:15 Talk: Innovation Maturity & Idea Drop Implementation
Speaker: Martin Wilson, Enlighten Training and Consultancy & Jonny Fisher, Idea Drop
11:15 – 11:45 Coffee break
11:45 – 12:15 Talk: Creating a culture to accelerate innovation
Speakers: Peter Lewis & Joe Aston, Chaucer
12:15 – 12:45 Talk: The Power Of AWS Cloud Technology For The Public Sector
Speaker: Emanuel Higwall, EMEA Lead Global Systems Integrators, Amazon Web Services
12:45 – 14:00 Lunch & Discussion
14:00 – 14:30 Keynote Presentation: Successful Public Sector Innovation
Speaker: Hacer Evans, Assistant Chief Officer, Director Digital Policing Portfolio, National Police Chiefs’ Council
14:30– 15:00 Talk: Unlocking Your Creative Potential Through Design Thinking
Speaker: John Carey & Nawid Obaydi, Chaucer
15:00 – 15:45 Panel Discussion: Opportunities for Public Sector Innovation
Host: Sarah Robb, Head of Regional, Digital Catapult
Edward Elliott, Programme & Marketing Manager , PUBLIC
Sylvie Zaman, Innovation Management Consultant, Chaucer
Bernard Rix, Publisher, Policing Insight; Founder, World Class Policing Awards
Martin Bain, Client Director, Service Now
15:45 – 16:00 Closing Remarks
Speaker: Owen Hunnam, CEO, Idea Drop, Idea Drop
- Jonny FisherCo-founder & CRO
- Martin WilsonInnovation Consultant
- Sylvie ZamanInnovation Management Consultant
- Peter LewisManagement Consultant, Facilitator of Change
- Joe AstonManagement Consultant: People & Change
- Hacer EvansAssistant Chief Officer, Director Digital Policing Portfolio
- John CareyManagement Consultant & Design Thinking Expert
- Nawid ObaydiManagement Consultant & Design Thinking Expert
- Bernard RixPublisher, Policing Insight; Founder, World Class Policing Awards
- Edward ElliotProgramme & Marketing Manager
- Sarah RobbHead of Regional
- Martin BainClient Director
Innovation Summit 2018
We were delighted to be co-hosting a full day Blue Light Innovation Summit in partnership with Lancashire Constabulary in 2018. Here are some of the main highlights from the conference.
- Innovation Breakfast: Boosting innovation through diversity and inclusionTuesday 11th June - London
- Innovation Breakfast: Fostering and embedding an innovation cultureTuesday 10th September - London